What is New Life Kid’s Ministry all about??
Here at New Life Community Church, children are very important to us. We exist to spread the truth of Jesus Christ to ALL ages, and we pray that our children will “… grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18a) each and every time they visit New Life on Sundays. Your child is a precious gift from the Lord, and our highest goal is to ensure that each child’s spiritual, physical, and emotional needs are met in a safe and effective manner. Here are some of the ways we strive to accomplish this:
- Bible Teaching: Every week, our preschoolers and elementary age children are given lessons with a glimpse of the Gospel, by learning Scripture and hearing stories relating to the hope of Christ and what it looks like to be a disciple of Jesus. For our littles (Infants & Toddlers), we do our best to show them the love of Christ through care and play in a fun environment.
- Our Volunteers: Every adult volunteer involved in Kid’s Ministry has completed a full National and State background check before serving in any area.
- Security is a priority! We provide a check-in / check-out system to ensure each child’s safety.
- Special Needs: It is important that we know (and will ask when you register your child) if you have any concerns for your child, including special needs or any allergies they may have.
- Play! Kids usually learn best through moving, and each our classrooms are set up with fun in mind.
Children’s Ministry Check-In
9:00 Service: To Check-In your child, visit the New Life Kids Check-In Counter (located on the 2nd Floor) between 8:50-9:05am.
10:45 Service: To Check-In your child, visit the New Life Kids Check-In Counter (located on the 2nd Floor) between 10:30-10:50am.
All parents must check-in their children before taking them to their respective classrooms. At the Check-In Counter, children will have a nametag printed for them, and parents will be given a security tag to keep during the service. At the end of each service, parents will be asked to provide their security tag as they pick up their children. If a parent is needed during the service, we will also use the security code as a way to page the parent (by displaying the code on the 1st Floor media screen).
Infant & Toddlers
Ages: Birth through Age 2
9:00 Service: Childcare is available upstairs on the 2nd Floor in the Playhouse. Please bring your child’s diaper bag ready with diapers, wipes, and a change of clothes. Snack is offered during care, or you may provide an alternative snack for your child if desired.
10:45 Service: 1st Floor hallway before the bathrooms on south end of building. Volunteers will be available from 10:30am-12:00pm
Ages: Children Ages 3 – 5 (All must be Potty-Trained)
9:00 Service: There is optional childcare available in the Playhouse (see above), but no lesson or special activities are offered during the first service.
10:45 Service: The preschool classroom is located on the 2nd Floor in the Northwest corner. Our preschoolers start with play time, then have a time of Kid’s Worship (on 3rd floor together with elementary students), followed by a bible lesson, snack, and small activity.
Children’s Church (Elementary)
Grades: Kindergarten through 5th Grade
9:00 Service: There is no childcare offered for children in this age group. They are welcome to join you in the service.
10:45 Service: After visiting the Check-In Counter on the 2nd Floor (with a parent), elementary students go up to the 3rd Floor to participate in a time of play, Kid’s Worship, a bible lesson, craft, and activity. Each week, kids have the opportunity to earn “EPIC BUCKS” in many different ways: by memorizing scripture, answering questions about the bible story, etc. On the last Sunday of each month, kids can bring their accumulated Epic Bucks they’ve earned to get prizes and small tokens as a reward for their hard work!